I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Chuck Lorre vanity cards

Hobby & Fritid - Kultur & Media

2012-04-06 20:42

Chuck Lorre vanity cards

Ibland, när jag har en minut över eller så, läser jag igenom Chuck Lorres anektdoter. Ni vet, de där som visas i ungefär 2 sekunder efter vissa program som han producerat. Inte för att hitta min väg i livet eller så, utan för att han är förbannat jävla bra på att skriva. Ungefär som jag inbillar mig att Hank Moodys texter skulle se ut, om de fanns på riktigt.

Här tänkte jag att vi kunde samla våra favoriter, de kan hittas på denna sidan eller som tidigare nämnts efter vissa program.

Jag börjar med #383:

For me, the epiphany came in my second season on Roseanne. At thirty-nine years old I finally woke up to the fact that the principles I was taught as a child, like fairness and justice, have no place in the world of power and money. The rules of the sandbox, strictly enforced by a wise and compassionate adult, are laughable when the sandbox is the television business and there are Mercedes and Bentleys parked alongside it. What's odd is that twenty years later, despite my belated awakening to the reality of amorality, that old schoolyard programming continues to insist on its rightness. Ideas like "play nice," "share your toys," "no name-calling," "take turns" and "misbehaving gets punished" still resonate inside me as if they were some sort of fundamental truths. Of course, I now know that they are not. At best, they're ideals. Lofty goals to aspire to. The truisms of the real world are more along the lines of, "my ball, my bat, my rules" and "money talks, bull$#*! walks." Which brings me to our impending presidential election. A classic showdown between the lessons we all learned as children and, well... reality. Further complicating the situation is our collective, unconscious desire to be supervised by that wise and compassionate adult. But there is no such adult. The truth is, we are alone in the sandbox. The game we play, seemingly forever, is called "Ideals vs. Money and Bats." For what it's worth, I'm betting on the latter, but there's a little boy in me who insists on voting for the former.