I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Split Personality ($.P)

Svensk Hiphop - Allmänt

2008-09-05 00:42

Split Personality ($.P)

Split Personality (Dollar$ign Pee)

As one of the few Swedish rap artists one can truly call a veteran,
Split Personality also known as Dollar$ign Pee or $.P) born in Uganda, has stayed loyal to his origins in Angered, Gothenburg Sweden where he grew up from the age of seven.

From the age of 6 years old when his dad took him to see Break Dance the movie, little $.P knew from there on where his heart belonged, in Hip- Hop.

From his early days of rapping in front of the mirror in his bedroom while RUN DMC and
LL Cool J boomed from his radio, performing and Break- Dancing in the local youth centre’s and painting graffiti, he soon realised that what he truly loved was to rap and perform on stage in front of audiences.

-I just really loved writing and rapping, just the feeling of hearing my voice over beats after recording a song is what got me inspired to write lyrics and put together my own songs.
I never really sent out demos or anything like that, but I was approached by different producers that wanted to work with me after hearing me and seeing me perform, says Dollar$ighn Pee.

In 1996 he released his first single: “Questions” under Virgin Records Sweden.
It was produced by: Random records at Jam Lab Studios.
“Question”s was a huge radio hit and put the name Split Personality on the Swedish Hip- Hop Scene.

In 1998 $.P Released his second single “The way you move”.

In 1999 $.P joined The BLaO Entertainment, witch was a coalition put together by the producers Kiboy, Quadjo and Noah, and with the artists: Jaquee, Glaciuz the ICY, Sublime PH and Bouchra.

In 2000 BLaO released their first Compilation Album with the single called “Nobody” by Split Personality ($.P).

In 2002 BLaO released their second compilation Album with the first single: “I’m not alike” by Glaciuz the ICY and the second single: “Player” by Split Personality ($.P).

In 2003 Dollar$ign Pee left the BLaO Entertainment and moved to London England.

-Things where going a bit crazy in my life and I just felt that I needed to get away from it all for a while and maybe get my thoughts together.

Now in 2008 Split Personality (Dollar$ign Pee), is back in the booth and back in Sweden recording new material for his forth coming solo debut Album.

So be on the look out for new material from Split Personality (Dollar$ign Pee).
In the meantime you can peep previously unreleased freestyles from $.P on Myspace and Facebook.

http://www.myspace.com/esspeesplitpersonality
http://www.reverbnation.com/dollarsignpee