I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Ny Big L låt kommer med Finesses nya EP, Rare Selections Vol. 2

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

Skribent

2008-07-21 00:24

Ny Big L låt kommer med Finesses nya EP, Rare Selections Vol. 2

Alla som trodde Devil's Son från '93 var den första låten Big L gjorde själv, hade fel, eller blev iaf "lurade".

I augusti släpps Lord Finesses nya EP Rare Selections Volume 2, som innehåller Big Ls allra första egna låt, Principal Of The New School, från '92 (producerad av Showbiz).

Lord Finesse: Rare Selections EP Vol. 2

This second of two exclusive Lord Finesse EPs, features six previously unreleased tracks and alternate versions recorded between 1991 and 1995!
A collector’s dream and a D.I.T.C. essential, this EP was painstakingly created to give the fans the records that they have been requesting for years.
Restored and mastered to the highest quality, these versions finally make their way to 12” vinyl and like the rest of the series, this EP is limited only to this 300 pressed vinyl.
Out of the 300, only 150 copies will be available for worldwide mail order, so please get your pre-orders in early to avoid missing this opportunity, as this record will not be repressed!
All songs are produced by Lord Finesse (except where noted) and The Funky Technician himself adds some insight into the background of this incredible unearthed treasure!

Lord Finesse says:

A. Side

Lord Finesse feat. A.G. - "Fat For The 90's" (Demo Mix) VOCAL *
Produced by Diamond D. (1991)

• This is another unreleased alternate take of “Fat For The 90’s” featuring A.G., This was produced by Diamond, but this version never made the cut for the commercial release of “The Return of the Funkyman”.

Grand Puba - "Untitled" VOCAL *
Produced by Lord Finesse. (1994)
• This was a studio session done during the mid 90’s.
It was supposed to be used for the Grand Puba’s Elektra "2000" LP, but this song was never officially named.

Lord Finesse feat. Shel-Rumble and Harry O - "Show 'Em How We Do Things" (First Session) VOCAL
Produced by Aladdin and S.L.J. (1991)
• This is an alternate studio take done during the making of “The Return Of The Funkyman"; it includes alternate lyrics.

B. Side

Big L - "Principal of the New School" VOCAL
Produced by Showbiz. (1992)
• This is a Big L demo that was dug out of the archives.
This demo was actually done before “Devil's Son”, but was never used for the Sony commercial release of “Lifestylez ov The Poor & Dangerous”.

Lord Finesse feat. Marquee - "Awakenings Interlude" VOCAL *
Produced by Lord Finesse. (1995)

• This is an unreleased interlude done during the making of the Lord Finesse “The Awakening” featuring a female artist by the name of Marquee.

Lord Finesse feat. Marquee - "Awakenings Interlude" INSTRUMENTAL
Produced by Lord Finesse. (1995)
• An instrumental of the above mentioned track.

Caron Wheeler - "Soul Street" (Funkyman Remix) VOCAL
Produced by Lord Finesse. (1992) *
This is one of my first remixes done as a member of the production staff of Bad Boy Entertainment.
This particular version of this Caron Wheeler remix is extremely rare.
This was my mix-down version.
Even if you happen to find the commercial release (on tape cassette only); it wouldn’t have this mix.

All songs are mastered by the legendary Tony Dawsey at Masterdisk Studios, NYC and are pressed in the USA for the highest vinyl quality.

Price : US$80.00 + shipping

Cover: http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/8683/coverux7.jpg

Här kan ni beställa: http://www.soundtable.co.jp/item_detail.php?id=14275 <--- Synd att det är så jääääävla dyrt...

Principal Of The New School snipper (.ram):
http://www.soundtable.co.jp/music2/131000184_a3.ram

Låten låter riktigt skönt, ni L fanatiker kan kanske höra att första versen är från hans Hardpack Freestyle, men andra versen är iaf fresh. Som sagt, synd att det kostar så mycket, undrar om det är värt att lägga ner pengar på...

peace