I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

The Best Opening Lines Ever

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2008-10-29 22:32

The Best Opening Lines Ever

På XXL´s hemsida finns det en snubbe som har listat vad han tycker är dem bästa "opening linesen" någonsin. Han beskriver även vad han tycker gör dem så bra.
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=27603

There’s just something about his opening lines, “Ay Carumba! Starang, Gun clappa number, one on the set, man/I cut you like lumber.” He didn’t say anything spectacular there, but his presence and the way he pronounced his words made the verse classic. He hooked the listener with his first bars, which is what any MC should aim to do.

There have been some classic verse openers over the years. Some slugger MCs swing for the fences on the first pitch, but again, it’s not always about what you say. At times, it’s about how it’s being said. Here are some of my personal favorite opening lines.

Hur man säger det är alltså viktigare än vad man säger. Poängen är att man ska ryckas med i låten från de allra första raderna.

Här är några av exemplena han listat.

“Rappers I monkey flip ‘em with the funky rhythm I be kickin/Musician, inflictin composition/
of pain I’m like Scarface sniffin cocaine/Holdin a M-16, see with the pen I’m extreme”
Nas “NY State Of Mind,” Illmatic

“I ain’t no joke/I used to let the mic smoke/now I slam it when I’m done and make sure it’s broke”
Rakim “I Ain’t No Joke,” Paid In Full

“I smoke on the mic like smokin Joe Frazer/the hell raiser/raisin hell with the flavor/terrorizing jams like troops in Pakistan/swinging through your town like a neighborhood Spider-Man”
Inspector Deck of Wu-Tang Clan “Protect Ya Neck,” Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

Min personliga favorit är Tupacs inledning på 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted.

Picture perfect, I paint a perfect picture
Bomb the hoochies with precision my intention's to get richer
With the S-N double-O-P, Dogg my fuckin homey

Vad är era personliga favoriter?

"Efter att ordet spridit sig tog det en halvtimme/tre kvart sen var Crooked och Royce på plats tillsammans med Horse Shoe Gang-snubbarna, Crookeds brorsas gäng, C.O.B.-killarna och övriga kompisar till Crooked. Snubben har hela jävla LA som backar upp honom." - jeppehehe